Monday, September 13, 2010

Hope is coming around.


Remembering last Autumn and pondering this one.

I used to have terrible falls and because I kept expecting it, I kept looking for the yearly bomb to go off, and sure enough there it would be, SMACK! However, this year is different, I can feel it, the air even smells sweeter. The circles are ending as my dear friend Sarah-Aubrey would say and the triangles are beginning. We may be the only ones that get that but it's alright. It's going to be a GREAT year and so naturally I wrote a poem about it:-)


It's time to stop spinning in circles,
Round and round and round I go.
It'll leave you lying on the ground with a dizzy head,
Not sure of what direction you're in.
Perception off.
Disorientation sets in.
Worry will become a friend.
I notice the leaves begin to fall again,
I know, because I've often gone with them,
Straight to the ground by gravities pull.
Not this time!
This new harvest I'll learn to keep the leaves under my feet,
Taking a stand on sturdy ground,
Splashing my boots in the watered terrain.
Stepping forward into new,
Walk straight.
No more spinning round and round and round,
Dizzy heads, toppled knees from all the ups and downs.
These familiar grounds,
No longer keep my place.
I walk straight,
Direction and I will meet.
Hope will be the only thing coming around and around and around,
This Fall.

1 comment:

  1. oh...I love the poem, and you are so right, this time around, hope trumps the fall. Your faith is shining through...love you.

    Dad xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete