Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sitting with the stars...

This summer has been the start to dreams coming true. I mean, everyday is great simply because we get to breathe in this life but I've actually started to see the deep places of my heart make its way into reality. Life is such an adventure, one that's meant to be lived and not watched from a distanced or through another's. It's for you, right now, at this moment in time.

I often wonder if we spend too much time concerning ourselves with what's right that we miss what's in our hearts. Since I was a little girl I've wanted to go to London. I have no idea why? Perhaps it's because when I was in grade 1 this girl named Becky moved to our town and she had this adorable accent plus the coolest clothes ever. I was still in my ripped jeans with oversized t-shirts stage so her plaid pants and tight T was foreign. I thought she was from another galaxy or something. LONDON. It sounded so mysterious and strange to me. I was little so give me a break here. Basically, the dream has never left. My geography has gotten better so I understand where it is now but the mystery is still there. So, this August I am getting on a plane to take off to the UK. At this point my trip is just a plane ticket with some ideas of where I'll stay...I must admit, traveling alone to a destination unknown is a little freaky but sooooo exciting:) God knew I needed an adventure so here it is!

I know this is just the beginning to so much more. This year has all these prospects and new uncertainties but it's wonderful. I can't wait! I'm going into my last year of my undergrad, which means I'm finally going to graduate, Whoot! I have a trip to New York plus one to Vancouver that's in the works and then the East Coast for a 2011 family reunion next summer (ooo and there's more to that but I can't tell yet:) Not to mention the high park young adults church that is starting up in a few weeks. There is so much happening and yet without the presence of Love to enjoy it I know it would mean nothing. God keeps speaking to me about how the grass isn't greener on the other side. This doesn't mean that life doesn't get better when we finally step over that mountain we feel like we're climbing it just means that inside us there is an ache, we think that once we get here, there or to the many milestones we have in our minds that we will finally reach satisfaction. Yet, the longing will still be there, it's a soul thirst that I believe can only be quenched by water that is not from here. We need something that's outside of ourselves to tell us who we are and if it's not God then we'll let everything else define us.

I know that as I venture into this next part of my journey it would be worthless without a partnership with my greatest love. There are a few things I am still waiting to leap over in my life, thinking that once it happens all will be well. The kind response to pain is often, "this will pass." Wow, I do not like hearing that but it's true. A part of my conversation with God the other night went something like this:

G: "I wish you could see from where I am"...
J: "Then show me."
G: "You just need to sit with the stars."
J: "How do I get up there?"
G: "You float.."
J: "Oh yeah, because I float all the time *sarcastically said*"
G: "When all the stuff that's weighing you down lifts, floating is easy. Let me take care of the weights so you can see from a different place."

Maybe you think this to be some fictional conversation, or maybe you take it as a story with some truth. Either way it brought me peace knowing that as I let go of the stuff that weighs me down I am closer to sitting with the stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment