Saturday, August 21, 2010

“When a weed becomes a wish”


Falling into the deep of this place,

Laying bare the want to stay in somewhere I can’t.

This impression not known before now,

Picture perfect moments passing by the second.

My breath is stolen by shades of green,

Caught up in the rolling hills.

Rosy cheeks from climbing great heights,

Back on the ground has me day dreaming of standing level with the tops of trees again.

There’s a transient silence that comes and goes in the here and now.

I keep reaching to grab it as if it were a dandelion fluff floating in open space;

Ready to make a weed become a wish!

But then my fingers hit the air,

Clasping back into my palms.

“Ah, I’ve missed it again”…

This transient silence that I want to keep hold of, like my time here,

Is passing me by – lasting only a short time.

Sometimes the choice to ‘stay’ or ‘go’ just isn’t an option;

Sometimes there is just go.

For now, while I can, I’ll stay.

Let the fog wrap around me like a warm duvet;

Waiting for the water to sink in,

Lifting me to the next place.

My tears like weeds getting lost in the rain clouds;

Up there, in the far away,

Can you turn them into wish?

No comments:

Post a Comment