Sunday, March 21, 2010

Not too cool to have an opinion!

I like this very much!

A close friend of mine, Sarah-Aubrey, had tweeted this a few weeks back and it reassured in me that I'm not crazy for wondering why we've made entire new languages for stuff? Why we filter our words so carefully, speaking with uncertainty in our tone, use quotation marks which hold hidden meanings, or parenthesis to show all the different interpretations? We've become so concerned with pleasing everyone, being totally accepted by all that we can't even form sentences with meaning! My Political Science class is all over this bandwagon. Oh how I love paying for an education that contributes to making me more illiterate at times.
I mean the discourse of IR has created an entire academic language that speaks for the elite few that can even find the time to attempt to understand the jargon. Listen, I do enjoy learning about Global Conflict and Security, it's just that the interrogative tone is getting to me.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. "Oh how I love paying for an education that contributes to making me more illiterate at times" --- that made me laugh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, We need to hang out after all my exams are done and create stuff!!! It will have to wait until May unfortunately:( But if you're up for it then tea, classical music and painting is in order!!!

    ReplyDelete